.sidebar-container, .sidebar, .rsidebar.sidewrap { display: none !important; /* Hide Contempo Sidebar */ .sidebar-container { display: none !important; } /* Expand Main Content to Full Width */ .main-container, .main-inner, .main-inner .columns { width: 100% !important; max-width: 100% !important; padding-left: 0 !important; padding-right: 0 !important; } /* Fix for individual post wrappers if needed */ .content-inner { margin-right: 0 !important; margin-left: 0 !important; }

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

NYPD New / Editorial - CIO, 1 Mar 2006

http://www.cio.com/archive/030106/nypd.htmlThomas Wailgum
"In May 2003, Onalfo came out of retirement to be the first-ever NYPD CIO. He was in for a shock. Upon arrival he discovered that the department lacked an adequate disaster recovery plan with redundancy and backup sites - 20 months after 9/11. If, say, there had been a fire in one of the precincts and it torched the computers, officers wouldn't have been able to process criminals within the 24-hour time frame established by state law. Consequently, those perps would have walked. 'I almost left the same day I got here because I didn't want to be responsible for that,' Onalfo recalls."[Information Technology; Police]

No comments: